Friday, December 14, 2007

School's Out!

Oh, my aching brain. Shingles have been coming off the space shuttle for sure these last 2 weeks. I feel like I have a hole where my stomach disappeared from all the coffee and mate I've been been sluicing through me, trying to beat my unruly CNS into a sharp enough focus to regurgitate all the symptoms, formulas, herbs, tongues, pulses, etc. one last time.

But it's all over but the shouting, so to speak. No more classes, no more papers, no more projects, no more tests. Just 6 more months of clinic and case management, and a couple more for board review. It has seemed so long in coming, and it feels like it's going to be over before I know what's happened.

For now, I have 3 relatively spacious weeks of only work and patients, and a few days up north with my family. This trimester was challenging and transformational, and not always kind, soI am grateful for the space to rest and recover and surround myself with friends and family, sweet kitties, grindy road rides and transcendent trail runs, maybe even some snowshoeing. I'll swing up the coast to see friends in Cambria and Monterey, then pick up my brother in Sacto and head up to our ridiculous hometown for a few days, maybe wander through Sonoma and visit more friends on my way down, since it's begun to compete with Colorado as a landing spot for me once my work down here is finished. In any case I will be quiet, for I'm possessed of an animal feeling of wanting to gather myself inward and renew with people and places I love with all my heart (and if you know me you know that's an unfathomably large territory!)

That being said, if anyone wants to go for coffee or beers, that would make me all kinds of happy!

1 comment:

pedro said...

oh cambria...sonoma. you're talking my stomping grounds.

can't wait to hear more about opportunities up dar.