Tuesday, December 11, 2007

In Other News...

I just walked out of the admin office from applying for graduation!!!! It deserves some exclamation points--there have been times when I thought the projected finish date of 8/08 was just a number that would never be real, just something I wrote on my reg forms every term as an exercise in I don't know what. And like you do in AR when you're nauseous and drooling, freezing, hallucinatory elves and fairies keep jumping out of the trees at you, etc. at 2AM and maybe your team isn't quite sure of the nav and it seems like the sun will never come up again, you lean on your 'mates and focus on putting one foot in front of the other and getting to the next CP. And before you know it the sun comes up, you feel better and think "I can make it to the next one..."

And here I am. It hasn't been free in terms of lost time, relationship, and income potentials, finishing 2 months ahead of schedule just enough to qualify to write the CA board this summer (providing, of course, I pass the grad exam in May). I'll squeeze in the Nats sometime between (may as well), and finish the ortho specialty board stuff next December so I can string up the letters DNBAO next to my LAc and then...on to much grander and financially rewarding adventures.

But save the date--March 16, 2008. I have my red FMP's I've worn at all my grad ceremonies since high school at the ready!

Now to go cram me some Wen Bing by 6 o'clock tonight...

1 comment:

pedro said...

i sure would like to come to your graduation... and help celebrate.