Monday, November 12, 2007

Music For a Saturday Night



Owing to an unfortunate and deeply sorrowful change of plans I found myself all dressed up this weekend with no particular place to go. Certainly not out of town, away from all this to celebrate the end of midterms, the announcement of a bitchin' and lucrative new job (which unfortunately dear readers, is still pending), the return of my beloved little Saab Lars to my life, and other details I'd really rather not talk about here. I mean, I worked so hard to be able to get the time off, I even went without proper food for a few weeks to save up the dough, I found a gorgeous and sexy new dress for a ridiculous sale price that goes perfectly with my brand new found-in-the-alley beautiful boots, etc. So, plan B.

Some actual bona fide true grime, a run up Westridge that didn't hurt nearly as much as I was afraid it might on Saturday and a mountainbike ride through the cloudy, cold drizzle as the canyons exhaled and smoldered fingers of mist on Sunday. I even ran into an old adventure racing buddy I haven't seen in about 5 years. Plenty of time to relax with the bunnies, an exquisite jasmine tea given to me by my wonderful friend Henry and a fantastic new book (more on that later).

Then out to remind myself of what it feels like to be human, to be a pretty girl out with friends with no cares for the evening but laughing, dancing, and having fun. My good friend Paul turned me on to these guys last Saturday. Go watch! Go see them live when they come to your town. I now have such a crush on Mare Orrell--she's spectacular!

On Sunday, I continued my social jag with Jen, who was invited to a gala for an organization which had earlier in the year helped hers with their LA River Ride. There was promise of "elegant desserts and premier cognac". There was a bill for a performance by someone named DuDu. We had to find out what this was about. It turned out to be a little less than electrifying, but the dessert was in fact quite elegant and the cognac (or the rest of the bar) was quite nice as well. We met her friend who had invited her and shut the place down with them. I

1 comment:

pedro said...

awesome weekend. glad you enjoyed.