Friday, April 17, 2009

The Miles, They Pass Quickly, and the Days Seem to Be Hours

Wow! Tomorrow turned into a week and a couple of days! Holy crap, how does that happen?

How does one spend a week in New York and have no energy to do anything? By not only shifting the time 2 hours forward by by also shifting that an additional 2 hours forward by requiring one to be in clinic ready to put needles in people's ears at 7:30 AM sharp, which means getting up at 6:30AM which is really 4:30AM to me which is really, really rude since I don't have to be in clinic before 9 or 10, normally.

I did go to MOMA, only they close early and there wasn't much time. Brian and I then roamed around Times Square area, then headed over to Greenwich Village and wandered around some more before he had to leave me for a bit to meet a friend for a business dinner thingey and I ate some grubby Japanese and amused myself in the bookstore across the street until it was time to meet back up an go for gelato and grappa. Nice.

Thursday was beautiful and I did manage to drag myself out for the obligatory jog around the inner perimeter of Central Park. Can I just say that running at sea level is awesome? Jeez, I felt fucking invincible, and I am most definitely NOT (as I found out when I got back to town and had my first Crossfit workout session--oy!) New York was interesting, and a fun place to visit, but I could never ever live there. I was happy to come home after only a week! People are not only tightly wound but strangely wound. Again, crazy and enjoyable, but not my tasse de thé at all. That being said, staying with Brian was absolutely great--super cool guy, very funny, interesting, smart, kind, etc. plus adorable kitties. I can never thank him enough, really, but I'll try!

I got back to grey and drizzle, which is pretty much what I left, except for Thursday! The week was a little mellower, and yesterday it rained, which was nice. Then today--boom! All hell breaks loose and we have almost a foot of snow on the ground by the time it's quittin' time at work. Everyone had been saying what a nightmare the roads were, that the 25 was closed south of Lincoln (I live one exit south of there) etc. It was slow moving, but only because most people were being cautious on account of how slushy and snowy it was. Flakes the size of toonies, I tell you!

It is nearly one, and even though our climbing exercise outing was amended to meet much, much closer to town and at a much, much more civilized hour I still have to get up in about 6 hours in order to pack and make it down there in time. So, I will sum up the rest: 2 patients this week (yay!), awesome biz coach continues, joined BNI and really like them, started Crossfit and totally abjectly LOVE them even as they push me so hard I puke (I really did, the first day!), and signed up for a 4-week aerial dance class starting next week.

Wish me luck climbing out in Castlewood tomorrow, and rejoice with me that it is not Stoney Pass instead!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

flakes the size of toonies, eh? nice reference.

adventuregrrl said...

Thought you'd like that one! ;)