Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Finally Saw Blindsight!

So last night I hiked into town to catch Blindsight at the Boulder Theater, and words can't express how glad I am that I did--it was beyond awesome, for so many reasons. I really needed to see this right now as I'm trying to figure out just what getting off the sidelines and becoming engaged will look like in my new life as an acupuncturist. My favorite part, other than the kids playing in the ice palace near the top of the peak, of course, had to be Sabriye, the German woman who funded her own way to Tibet after being told by her country's peace corps that they couldn't place blind people in the field, and founded Braille Without Borders, a school for blind kids in Lhasa. She was simply. totally. luminous. I wish I had $20 to go see it again tonight...


The film closed with this--there was a point on the climb when one of the girls was singing this song softly along the trek, but this guy is truly awesome. He got the biggest cheers of just about anyone, I think:

No comments: