Sunday, November 01, 2009

In Which Greta Christina Says What I've Been Thinking For a Long Time

It's a hazard of the trade when you work in alt health, I know.

But damn--if I have to listen to one more person earnestly impress on me how the universe will provide for me if I let it, how things are meant or not meant to be, or how staying positive!! will totally make everything turn out peachy, I'm going to throw up all over hir shoes. Really, I will. At least Greta has given me fodder for a reply besides a tight-lipped smile and a "Yeah, wow, look at the time, I've gotta get to somewhere else." And she pretty much nails it.

You should check out her Facebook meme project too. I can't deny that sometimes a little of the appeal of being an atheist is how horrifying and scary so many people find it, even though of course it's really pretty innocuous and it usually shines quite a big giant floodlight on that person's unwillingness to be totally intellectually honest with hirself. But mostly, it's just tiresome and annoying.

This makes it all worthwhile again, though. Enjoy!

No comments: