Monday, December 15, 2008

I Wanted the Opposite of LA and I Got It


I'm impressed that at 2:35 in the afternoon I still have ice on the indoor side of my windows. Allegedly out at DIA the windchill is supposed to give one the impression of having been knocked out and kidnapped to some undisclosed location in Saskatchewan. It was nearly 14 below when I went to bed and according to the news it got down to 20 below. It's in the mid-teens at the moment. It's a record! Yesterday was a record too! And I was here!! We are supposed to get a teensy bit of snow tonight, possibly teensy bits every night through Thursday. The highs are never expected to much top 32. But at least the sun is shining bright! Ahem.

I guess indoors slaving over a hot kitchen making 300 tamales is as good a place as any to be this week, no?

The rest of the park at sunset series can be seen here--taken when it was a balmy 41 out. I hear that's shorts and teeshirt weather in Antarctica...

No comments: