Thursday, January 03, 2008

Inflection Point for 2008

No, literally--this one is an acupuncture point, as well as my chosen metaphorical inflection point à la Francis Tapon's book on life lessons he learned from thru-hiking the AT. I was going through my comp study binder, starting to get myself organized for the last rush and push toward my LAc, and I found it in my points tables:

Qian Zheng.

It's an extra point, meaning it's not on a channel. It translates as "Pull Straight" and it is extremely useful for treating deviation of eye and mouth, a locked jaw, TMJ issues, unblocking the ears, etc. Oh, and it's also a big facelift point into the bargain. It felt especially meaningful because this is the year that everything is finally going to pull straight--all the slow, painful, plodding preparation I've been doing in school, on myself, in myself, my life, etc. is finally in place to pull straight like never before. I say this with some confidence because I feel an internal rootedness and certainty and confidence I never felt before--large missing pieces of the picture heretofore. That which has been crooked and inefficient will be righted and realigned and re-centered and that which has been locked into a tunnel vision, rusted shut, and weakened will be opened up and revitalized by fresh perspectives and resources not known before. Like any adventure worth the grime, it's going to be hard, exciting, and totally fun.

For now, Jen just called to say she and Devin are on their way over--I'm going to go enjoy my first actual meal of actual food in almost a week. Away we go!

No comments: